the ???
Barrel Sampling for future blending---where do I get a job like this?
Tasting Notes:
The aroma hit me with floral notes of rose petal with an underlying layer of plum. It opens up to red pepper with hints of white pepper. Meaty and smoky with cranberry following suit it finishes with a little caramel. On the palate a nice touch of acid that I think will help it age nicely. Round and velvety the tannins give good structure; nice earthy elements that make me think of an Old World Rhone.
The Old World style is a nice addition to winemaker Christian Tietje's arsenal of big fruit forward jammy wines. Look for the Loco (a tempranillo blend) next.
As I favor big fruity wines this wine is one that I will drink with food and not just for fun. We had a lovely dinner of fennel rubbed New York steak with parsley tossed new potatoes and asparagus with the wine. It went beautifully with the spice and meat of the steak while a 2003 Kenneth Volk chardonnay paired nicely with the asparagus and potatoes.
I look forward to the Peasant, a big Rhone baby. To steal the words of Robert Parker in reference to another Paso Robles Rhone blend; "a Chateauneuf de Pape on steroids"
www.fourvines.com
Tasting Notes:
The aroma hit me with floral notes of rose petal with an underlying layer of plum. It opens up to red pepper with hints of white pepper. Meaty and smoky with cranberry following suit it finishes with a little caramel. On the palate a nice touch of acid that I think will help it age nicely. Round and velvety the tannins give good structure; nice earthy elements that make me think of an Old World Rhone.
The Old World style is a nice addition to winemaker Christian Tietje's arsenal of big fruit forward jammy wines. Look for the Loco (a tempranillo blend) next.
As I favor big fruity wines this wine is one that I will drink with food and not just for fun. We had a lovely dinner of fennel rubbed New York steak with parsley tossed new potatoes and asparagus with the wine. It went beautifully with the spice and meat of the steak while a 2003 Kenneth Volk chardonnay paired nicely with the asparagus and potatoes.
I look forward to the Peasant, a big Rhone baby. To steal the words of Robert Parker in reference to another Paso Robles Rhone blend; "a Chateauneuf de Pape on steroids"
www.fourvines.com

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home