...but the highlight was beer
We gathered at A’s house for a BBQ and drinking. C and A supplied the food, and we brought the refreshments. Despite the fact that Hospice d’Rhone was in town I focused on beer. Good friend J recently introduced Samuel Smith to our household and all I can say is: “thank you, thank you, thank you”. The Organic Lager is damn fine and my new favorite. So now everyone can stop giving me shit for drinking Heineken, and my recent switch to Heiny Light which even S agrees tastes better than regular Heiny, for I have seen the light and though I will continue to sin I will be redeemed each time I drink the lager like a Catholic on Sunday. C was especially happy when he opened up the fridge; unbeknownst to me it’s his favorite as well. Looks like I surround myself with people with good taste.
That said, let's move on to the party. D and T were in town for the friendly frenzy that is HdR. We met up with them and the rest of the crew at our personal favorite haunt, Villa Creek. The host of many winemakers’ dinners, tonight’s cuisine was catered to a specific winery that I have mentioned before: James Berry Vineyard. (Side note: In the post prior I mentioned a certain paring between Terry Hoage and Justin Smith, the owner of JB Vineyard. Well, from the horse’s mouth this bit of advertisement was bogus but no one has been able to pin down the culprit. I'm not gutsy enough to ask Hoage about it, but maybe one of you are.)
It was kicking! Villa has a loyal clientele and all the patrons, from my days there, were there still. There was plenty of glad-handing going on and with wine and alcohol flowing everyone was in a lively and jovial mood. Needless to say we had a blast. Unfortunately my favorite vodka was MIA so rather than Roth I was drinking Chopin, and that disappears like water. My apologies to C. I love you and I didn’t mean to try to throw you out of the restaurant. Good thing you are 6’1”, 205 pounds.
Hours after the evening began we staggered back to A’s where jugs of water and dreams of a morning Bloody Mary awaited. Neither the water nor the dreams disappointed.
That said, let's move on to the party. D and T were in town for the friendly frenzy that is HdR. We met up with them and the rest of the crew at our personal favorite haunt, Villa Creek. The host of many winemakers’ dinners, tonight’s cuisine was catered to a specific winery that I have mentioned before: James Berry Vineyard. (Side note: In the post prior I mentioned a certain paring between Terry Hoage and Justin Smith, the owner of JB Vineyard. Well, from the horse’s mouth this bit of advertisement was bogus but no one has been able to pin down the culprit. I'm not gutsy enough to ask Hoage about it, but maybe one of you are.)
It was kicking! Villa has a loyal clientele and all the patrons, from my days there, were there still. There was plenty of glad-handing going on and with wine and alcohol flowing everyone was in a lively and jovial mood. Needless to say we had a blast. Unfortunately my favorite vodka was MIA so rather than Roth I was drinking Chopin, and that disappears like water. My apologies to C. I love you and I didn’t mean to try to throw you out of the restaurant. Good thing you are 6’1”, 205 pounds.
Hours after the evening began we staggered back to A’s where jugs of water and dreams of a morning Bloody Mary awaited. Neither the water nor the dreams disappointed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home